Organising the perfect end of year Christmas function is no easy task so here are some tips to help you with your planning;
1. Get started early, aside from the stress of having to organise a Christmas party at the last minute there is the fact that all the best venues get booked well in advance and you may struggle to find something suitable.
2. Firstly you need to determine what kind of party is most suitable for the company. Is it a picnic in the park that everyone can bring their family to? Is a high class night of fine food, wine and frivolity? Would a team building day of go kart racing and paint ball get your employees excited? Ask around the office for suggestions and see if anything jumps out in terms of the preferences of the staff.
3. Determine your budget for the Christmas party. The amount you have to spend will determine the type of party and venue.
4. Pick a venue and make a booking. Once you know what kind of party find the venue. If you need to book you should get in early. Shop around, get some quotes, and even visit the venues if you have the time.
5. Make a list of everything that needs attention before the party. Once you have a list delegate tasks to the relevant people. Become a project manager for the event and work with your team to ensure everything gets check off before the big day/night.
6. Ask for help from your function manager. The venue manager will have great ideas, experience and contacts to help make your Christmas party function a success. They will be able to help you with all the ins and outs of the party and will make your life a lot easier.
7. Decide on the entertainment if any that will be present at the Christmas party. You might want to look at dj’s, bands, comedians etc depending on the type of party.
8. Lastly remember that your Christmas party is a chance to show appreciation to your staff for all their hard work. Make it a night to remember.